Thursday, March 13, 2008

Take me shopping

Last night I passed by Shopgirls and had to go in to check it out- It's a shop with over 40 Canadian artists work for sale, designers of clothing, jewelery, painters, woodworkers, a lot of wicked art. I wish I had some money to spend, I found so many awesome pieces there! One of the sales ladies mentioned to her co-worker that Flare magazine was going to drop in today to do a piece on Zoran Dobric. His stuff is pretty wicked, very professional looking and creative as well. Canada.com says: "The collection is praised by the media as one of the most outstanding collections currently in Canada, and Zoran has won international and national awards for his design work. The design process is personal and expressive, rather than fashion trend driven. Zoran’s goal is to create timeless, soulful creations that evoke emotions and reflect wearer’s sensibility." His stuff is currently available at Boutique Le Trou (940 Queen Street West), and at Model Citizen, (913 Dundas Street west). Check out his website, (very ilustrative and sexy site) http://www.zorandobric.com. He will be showcasing his new spring 2008 collection at L'Oreal Fashion week at 4:00 pm on Thursday next week.

Dress for Spring/Summer 2008 by Zoran Dobric:
I saw some coats by babu et moi which I really liked as well. I will have to go back, get more names, there were a lot of wicked pieces there.

blue coat by babu et moi:On Tuesday I picked up my pass for L'Oreal Fashion week, it's pink. When I got to The Proof Bar to pick it up, I entered from the street and upon stepping inside I found myself surrounded by soft brown curtains in a little room. I had to peek through the curtains and saw the mass of passes and media grab bags and couple of girls asking 'media? industry?' General Public I said. Sooooo excited.

Watch out for the next episode of Flare magazine!

No comments: