Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Learning about Fashion Week

L'Oreal Fashion Week - Day 2 and 3

Spending a day at fashion week was a learning experience for me - and wicked fun! I think I prefer being backstage though... I was a volunteer at BC Fashion week last season and I loved that- running around like mad and dressing the models, seeing and touching the clothes and meeting the designer... But watching shows is definately a pleasure...

As for the learning experience- one thing I learned, is that if there is a show you really want to go to, skip the show preceding it and just wait in line in advance to get in. (At least if you're general admission). I wanted to see every show and when I walked out of Talenti Moda Milano, to my dismay the line to see Lucian Matis's show was already to the door!!! So I waited in line but didn't get in. At least I could watch the show live on the TV screens outside the runway tent and made sure to get a front row center spot when Lucian was interviewed by Fashion Television. He's soooo charming... And I love his voice... From the photos of his show I think seeing it close up and on the runway would have been a damn lot nicer than on a TV screen... Makes it a little tougher to really see the craftsmanship and the detailing... Especially since it was his 'black collection' after all.

With my camera it was impossible to take pictures of moving models... They all turn out super blurry. So I ended up just taking videos instead. However, to get the closest shots I flipped my camera sideways which is all fine for a photo, but for video it's a little screwy since it's all filmed sideways. I'll have to break out the After Effects and see what I can do about putting all my footage together in a watchable way.

The crowds got bigger and crazier throughout the day, which I love. The more energy in there the more excited I am!!Lucien Matis being interviewed post-show for Fashion TelevisionThe fabulous Robin Kay at the Talenti Moda Milano Conference Mayor David Miller at the Talenti Moda Milano ConferenceLights!
My new baby!!!! The sewing machine my mom used to use, given to me as a B-day present and now filling some table space in my work area at home.
Here's something wicked awesome, it's a made-from-recycled materials, bio-degradable food box!!! I had leftovers after dining at Fresh (my favourite) with Stephen and my parents for my b-day and I love that they package your food this way. Not in goddamned styrofoam... No plastic utensils or plastic bags here either!!

No comments: