Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bolero Jacket Gift

I finally finished my surprise gift! I had blogged earlier about something I was making but didn't want to post any details in case my sister (and maid of honor) stumbled across the entry since she was the recipient of the gift! It is a black bolero style jacket, lined with purple satin and there are white stripe details around the collar. It fits the colour scheme of my wedding (coming up fast!!) so she can wear it with her dress that day, and any day after. I don't have any photos of her wearing the jacket yet, (waiting) but it looks so much better on Karen than on me, or my judy. That's because it was made for her! I do have a couple photos of the jacket in progress, this is while I was working on the lining and the jacket is inside out:And here is a sad photo of me with the jacket on, just to see how it's coming along... The on me is ill and the sleeve lining wasn't attached to the insides of the sleeves yet... It's kind of a sexy thing, with the low, single (vintage) button in the front, (I'm holding the button since it's not actually sewn on yet) but it was designed to go over Karen's dress which is a cocktail dress with a square neckline.Below, my new yellow nail polish. I also picked up hot pink and I really want neon orange and green.Window shopping on Queen street. Another cel phone picture (I really need to take my camera with me more often) of the display at Red Tea Box who I wish had a website.Window shopping on Queen street. Anothe cel phone picture (I really need to take my camera with me more often) of the display at Red Tea Box who I wish had a website.

No comments: