Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I won a PDF copy of Danielle Meder's Paperdoll Book! For entering her paperdoll cut up contest. My entry was a little silly but still something I would wear... I only found out about the contest a few hours before the deadline unfortunately... but it was fun to cut up the pieces and try them out in different ways...

Today I went to MAC to get a fresh studio tech foundation for myself. I've been using a crappy drugstore powder foundation for too long. When I asked the price of the Studio Tech I remembered while I had temp switched to the crappy brand. Last foundation shopping trip at MAC I made I picked up Studio Fix Fluid. I tried it on my face in the store and it looked good - but when I got home I found the shade to be ever so slightly darker than my own face... Kind of annoying... I lean towards the paler look... So I got a lighter shade this time, my usual NC15. (I know you can return the product even after giving it a test at home but the shade was so close to my own I couldn't be bothered. Though next time I think I will bother.) I can barely remember what it feels/looks like to wear the Studio Tech at this point, it's been so long. Now I can give it a (re) try and compare it to the Studio Fix. Reading the most recent post at gloss spot makes me think I should really try a new brand altogether sometime...

When I asked a makeup artist as MAC to help me figure out if I was getting the right shade of foundation she said "Oh I know, I like a lighter foundation too because you can always go darker but with a darker foundation you can't go lighter." What???

I'm very excited for some black sequin leggings I picked up on the weekend. They are tiiiiight! I also purchased a vintage top from The Public Butter a couple weeks ago and just got it back from the drycleaners yesterday. Lots of fun things to wear for the holidays!

2 comments:

Sherin said...

Congrats on winning! I always find the MAC sales assistants to be kinda useless, lol.

Andrea Haid said...

thanks! Still love MAC though. I just popped over to your blog - http://hifashionsl.blogspot.com/ - I like your new years resolutions and I love the outfit you wore on Boxing day!