Sunday, December 7, 2008

Penny Arcade and Holiday Trunk Show

(No not the online comic by Tycho and Gabe) but a new vintage shop opening up at 1177 Dundas St. W. at Ossington. Self Described as a new spin on vintage fashion, Penny Arcade opens it's doors to the public on December 12. It sounds like more than just a clothing store... also a fun place to just relax... read a book... listen to some music.... And at night the store will serve as an event venue where musicians can put on a show and fashion conscious art lovers mingle.

The opening night sounds like it will be fantastic, I personally can't make it having already been invited to 2 Christmas parties that evening but if you can, try to get out there at 7pm this Friday the 12th to have a drink and admire the vintage finds, each hand picked by Rachel Sheehan, the entrepreneur behind Penny Arcade.

I did manage to make it out to The Workroom's holiday trunk show today. I had a certain someone in mind to pick up a gift for and found something fabulous. I guess I can't really post a photo until Christmas is over! A couple wonderful things I did see that I can safely post about however:
adorable handmade bobby pins and hair elastics by PandaCub
this gorgeous handmade swede stocking by Jennifer Buckland

2 comments:

Andrea Haid said...

Thanks Susan! I'm so glad you enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!