Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Summer Sewin'

At last I've finished my 'summer dress'! It's an autumn dress now. I think the colours in the fabric are a bit moody for warm sunny days anyway. It was left untouched for awhile but I've been sewing away in my scraps of free time recently, in time to have it completed to wear for Thanksgiving with my family and of course, the one-year anniversary of The Workroom. The Workroom is where I purchased the fabric. It was a pleasure to sew this dress, I am all the more eager to start new projects and keep learning. I learned how to do a blind hem and sew on buttons on my machine this time around. My buttonhole making skills have drastically improved. I know it's kinda crafty looking... It's not the sort of thing I would be drawn to in a shop although I like it. I am really interested in using all these project to learn to sew.

2 comments:

karyn said...

it looks really great! i'm so glad i got to see it in person. what an amazing use of that fabric. can't wait to see your next project!

Andrea Haid said...

thanks Karyn! I will post everything.