Friday, April 25, 2008

Anti-Consumerism

I've been a little bummed at blogging the past couple weeks... I find myself very often 'headblogging', (thinking of how I want to work my thoughts via a blog entry). My opinion on fashion has evolved since I last wrote here, and I've been too busy recently to write, one day I even took my laptop to work so I could write an entry on it while GO-training to work. I didn't finish the entry on the way to work and didn't want to finish writing it on the way home. I don't want to write too much ranty lecture philosophy stuff here, I think I was forgetting that this blog is about me... I'll mostly stick to writing my reactions to things from now on and posting about work I've done. (Clothes and art I make and design etc.)

WATCH THE VIDEO AT THIS SITE:
http://www.storyofstuff.com/


It's a video on consumerism, it's pretty much what I'm feeling. Instead of the anti-fashion thing, I'm thinking anti-consumerism, (though I think they are actually cousins of sorts.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,
I too am interested in a career in the textile design/ fashion design industry, but am an avid anticonsumerist. I don't watch TV, buy 80% of my clothes and 20% of my shoes used, never buy new cars, etc.

I was wondering, especially after watching The Story of Stuff, how you reconcile the two ideas.

Thank you!

Sandra