Monday, February 25, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to Fashion Matter! I just took my first sewing class at The Workroom on Queen St. last week and it was so inspiring! I used to know how to use a sewing machine and even had a cheapie one of my own for a few years until it died... So the course was a fabulous refresher for me. I made a pillow case with funky pink and green pattern on white fabric and it now decorates my desk at work.
I've already signed up for 2 more classes!

I didn't watch the Oscars, but here's the Best and Worst Dressed at the Oscars according to MSN Lifestyle.
(http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/OscarStyle/OscarsBestDressed_2008)
(http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Oscars+Worst+Dressed+2008/OscarStyle/OscarsWorstDressed_2008.htm?isfa=1)

I think Marion Cotillard, Heidi Klum's, Anne Hathaway and Renee Zellweger's dresses are gorgeous, they looks fabulous!

A couple weeks back I designed a dress for the glam.com's Design a Dress Contest... Not really realising in time that Canadian's can't enter... And even though I sent off my sketch only a couple weeks ago, I already know more about conveying a pattern and stucture in fashion illustration... (Like drawing the seam lines...) Anyway, I still like the design, maybe when I learn out how to draft a pattern I'll make the dress for myself to wear. After all, this contest got me signing up for sewing classes and highlighting facts in my Sewing for Dummies book- It basically got me into gear... So I'm grateful that this contest took place whether I can enter it or not. I can't wait to start designing and making clothes!

No comments: