Monday, April 4, 2011

Inspired - American Apparel and Me

Here I am heading out to birthday dinner in March:And here I am trying out a $399 fascinator at Myer:So what I wanted to post about: American Apparel may file for bankruptcy!!! I really hope the company can figure their shit out and pull though. I know there is a lot of gossip about the way the company treats/hires it's employees and about Dov Charney, but I do think it is a very unique and special company. I hope AA can come out clean and stronger than ever. I've made up a "fantasy shopping list" of things I want to buy from AA. Sounds silly eh? But if they are going away, I must stock up on tight pants and leggings!! LOVE!

CEO Dov Charney says the situation his company is in is making him feel inspired, which I totally understand. I use my personal fears to motivate myself often. It may sound strange... But I have some big goals and I want to reach them, badly. Crazily! Chasing after my goals is why I have not posted on this blog in a looong time. I am just too busy. If I get a little depressed or doubtful, I just think about that final goal and I am invigorated.

I had a birthday recently and got some birthday money from my dahling mum/stepdad/sister. I spent the majority of it on AA clothing. I received a coupon from AA for %25 off my order since it was my b-day. I got a long skirt and some acid wash leggings. The skirt since, on my birthday outing day I tried on a gorgeous high waisted floor length red skirt by Acne and was a little disappointed to realise it was $435. So AA's black floor length skirt fills that void, even though it's not red. And I got the acid wash leggings since I have a pair but they have been loved a bit much - they have a couple tiny holes in them and some of the seams and stretching.

3 comments:

Sofi Moukidou said...

wow! amazing outfits!
love your blog! follow you right now!
hope you follow me too!

business online said...

very good.keep going.

Zara said...

I love fashion! follow you right now!